Copyrights & Digital Millennium Copyright Act
Thank you for visiting one of the affiliated websites (“Website” or "Websites") of The Independent Adviser Corporation, Inc. ("We" or "Our"). We connect individuals, families and businesses to Fee-Only professionals. Our main office is located at 482 W. Main Street, Huntington NY 11743.
Our Websites include: TheAdviser.com, The-Adviser.com, 1800ADVISER.COM, 401kPlanAdviser.com, The529Adviser.com, AskMyCounsel.com, TheDivorce-Attorney.com, EstatePlanAdviser.com, IRSAdviser.com, Medicare-Adviser.com, RetirementPlanAdviser.com, SocialSecurity-Adviser.com, FinancialPlanAdviser.com, TheAdviserMagazine.com, TheAdviserNews.com, FeeOnlyNews.com, FeeOnlyMarketing.com, and TheAdviserAcademy.com.
CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT AND THE DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT
We are committed to complying with U.S. copyright and related laws and requires all customers and users of our Websites to comply with these laws.
Owners of copyrighted works who believe that their rights under U.S. copyright law have been infringed may take advantage of certain provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) to report alleged infringements.
In the event that you claim to be the copyright owner of any content, you agree to immediately notify the Firm of any claimed copyright infringement. You further agree to provide the Firm’s copyright agent the following information as required by the DMCA, Title 17, U.S.C. § 512:
- your physical or electronic signature or that of a person authorized to act on behalf of you, the purported owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- identification of the copyright or work claimed to have been infringed, or a multiple copyrighted work at a single online website or covered by a single notification, or a representative list of such works at that website;
- identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, the complaining party, or the person authorized to act on your behalf;
- a statement that you, the complaining party, have a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by you the copyright owner, your agent, or the law; and
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of you, the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. Our Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on or relating to the website can be reached either by:
completing this Privacy Related Concern Form or
sending a letter via the U.S. Mail to:
Privacy Control Officer
The Independent Adviser Corporation
482 W. Main Street
Huntington, NY 11743
We will respond expeditiously to either directly or indirectly (i) remove the allegedly infringing work(s) stored on the website or (ii) disable access to the work(s). We will also notify the affected customer or user of the Website of the removal or disabling of access to the work(s). Copyright owners may use their own notification of claimed infringement form that satisfies the requirements of Section 512(c)(3) of the U.S. Copyright Act. Under the DMCA, anyone who knowingly makes misrepresentations regarding alleged copyright infringement may be liable to us, the alleged infringer, and the affected copyright owner for any damages incurred in connection with the removal, blocking, or replacement of allegedly infringing material.
If you receive a notification of alleged infringement as described above, and you believe in good faith that the allegedly infringing works have been removed or blocked by mistake or misidentification, then you may send a counter notification to us. Upon our receipt of a counter notification that satisfies the DMCA requirements, we will provide a copy of the counter notification to the person who sent the original notification of claimed infringement and will follow the DMCA’s procedures with respect to a received counter notification. In all events, you expressly agree that we will not be a party to any disputes or lawsuits regarding alleged copyright infringement.
If a notification of claimed infringement has been filed against you, you can file a counter notification with our contact information shown above. All counter notifications must satisfy the requirements of Section 512(g)(3) of the U.S. Copyright Act.
Material available in our websites is protected by copyright law.